Your Gift Will Support Our Students' Futures
While SLJ’s public funding provides for the academic rigor that is a major component of high school success, there are not enough resources to provide the critical experiences and opportunities outside the classroom that drive college readiness and are staples of more affluent school districts. Thanks to the generous individual and corporate donors we are able to provide individualized college, career, and enrichment programming that allows our students to get into and thrive in college and create successful futures for themselves.
See what your gift can do!
$5000 buys computers for an entire classroom
$1000 allows a rising senior to spend a summer studying on a college campus
$500 provides a stipend for a summer internship
$200 pays for a semester of SAT prep for one student
$100 covers the cost for one junior to participate in an overnight trip to visit five colleges
$50 buys a uniform for a member of one of the school’s athletic teams
Donations by Mail
If you would like to write a check, please make it payable to the Adams Street Foundation and mail it, along with your contact information to:
The Adams Street Foundation
283 Adams Street
Brooklyn, NY 11201
Contributions are tax-deductible to the extent allowed by law, and will benefit the programs and activities of SLJ.
For further information, please contact Charon Darris, Executive Director of the Adams Street Foundation, at 718-834-6716 or e-mail email@example.com.
Other Ways You or Your Company Can Help
- Organize career days, shadow days, or a networking session at your company
- Offer student internships and summer jobs (all fields welcome)
- Serve as a mentor, one evening a month, for our Young Men’s & Young Women’s Initiatives
- Support our fundraising efforts by providing connections to grantmaking organizations
- Serve on the host committee for one of our events
- Offer pro bono support in the form of tech consulting, accounting, financial management, etc.
- Join our board or our junior board
- If your profession is law-related, speak at our monthly Lunch With Lawyers series
- Volunteer to observe and provide feedback for moot court
- Volunteer to serve as a juror for grade-wide student portfolio presentations
- Speak at our Staring at Our Futures lunch series about how you found your professional path