The SLJ PTA strives to support and advocate for our children by partnering with staff, families, and the wider community to create a safe and healthy learning environment where students can excel and feel confident in themselves.
SLJ PTA Goals for 2016 – 2017
- Provide support and resources to the school for the benefit and educational growth of the children.
- Nurture and enhance the cooperative working relationship that exists between the parents and staff of our school.
- Promote social activities that heighten school spirit, encourage family togetherness, and promote humanitarian efforts within our community.
- Increase interest, involvement, and understanding of the PTA business by providing opportunities and training for parents to participate in school governance and decision-making.
- Conduct purposeful fundraising to support programs and events at SLJ.
SLJ PTA Executive Board 2016-2017
Miko Simmons-Jones, President
Celeste Covington, Vice President
Beverly Sloan, Treasurer and Secretary