Join us for another evening of hilarious stories about our favorite theme - school!
Featuring some of NYC's finest artists, writers, and performers.
- Date Night Package for Alamo Drafthouse Cinema
- Nets Tickets
- $40 ADMISSION - includes Hill Country's Taste of Texas hors d'oeuvres
All proceeds go to support the
Urban Assembly School for Law & Justice.
Paul Beatty is first American to win the Man Booker prize for his novel The Sellout, which also garnered the 2015 National Book Critics Circle award in fiction. Mr. Beatty also wrote the critically acclaimed novel The White Boy Shuffle.
Nikyatu Jusu is a Sierra Leonean-American filmmaker, teacher, and Spike Lee Fellowship Award recipient. Several of Nikyatu's shorts were aired on HBO and her work includes Say Grace Before Drowning and the upcoming feature film Flowers.
Tim Krieder is an essayist and cartoonist. He has contributed to many publications, including The New York Times, Al Jazeera, and The Comics Journal. His most recent book is We Learn Nothing.
Camille Perri is the author of The Assistants, and a former books editor for Esquire and Cosmopolitan.
Sunil Yapa is the author of Your Heart Is a Muscle the Size of a Fist, which was named one of Time magazine's best books of the year.
If you can't join us, please consider making a donation to support SLJ's students. No amount is too small!
- $10 provides snacks for one day of after school tutoring and enrichment programming
- $20 sends a 10th grader on a field trip to the National Constitution Center in Philadelphia
- $50 gets an athletic uniform for a player on SLJ's volleyball, soccer, or basketball team
- $100 allows a student to register for an Advanced Placement exam
- $200 covers a full semester of SAT prep classes for an 11th grader
- $250 allows a 12th grader to participate in a five-campus overnight college visit