academics & policies
A strong academic education is the foundation for success in college, and SLJ's first priority for students.
- Small class size ensures personalized attention for all students.
- Our highly qualified teachers are dedicated to each student's success.
- Law-themed curriculum includes debate and courtroom exposure to engage students and build their skills of reading, writing and argumentation.
- Students complete projects that help them understand the ways that law affects our lives now and the history of law in our country and in the world.
- Teachers plan collaboratively so that what students learn in one class is supported by the instruction in their other classes.
- Courses include: Forensic Science, Constitutional Law, Participation in Government, and more.
"At SLJ, I have accomplished more than I ever thought I could. The teachers really care about the students, and the law-themed classes and activities are challenging but fun."
– George Bonner, Class of 2008